The Food, Personal Care, Cosmetic, Household Chemicals and Pharmaceutical market are rapidly discovering all the advantages that PET (Poly-Ethylene-Terephthalate) has to offer, making it the fastest growing packaging material in the industry.
- Crystal Clear: PET is one of the few plastics which can be crystal clear with a true sparkling effect giving it the same luxury appeal as glass (without the disadvantages of glass!).
- Lightweight: PET packaging can be extremely lightweight, often less than 10% of the (original) weight of a similar packaging in glass. These savings in weight directly result in a substantial reduction of the transport costs as well as offering more convenience to the consumer.
- Shatterproof: Packaging produced from PET are virtually unbreakable, making it the preferred material for fillers and end-users and suitable to be used in all kind of environments like at home, on the shelves of the supermarket and at professional environments like hospitals, laboratories, offices etc.
- Recyclable: PET can be perfectly recycled, even as far back as full loop cradle-to-cradle recycling.
- Used PET packaging is today more and more collected and re-worked back into granulate called rPET (recycled PET), which can be used for making perfect packaging again.
- Barrier Properties: Out of today’s standard plastics for packaging PET is one of the best performing materials when looking at barrier properties and chemical resistant.