Eco Friendly Packaging
Social responsibility, respect & care for the environment require action today while keeping an eye on the future – view our eco friendly range:
EVOLVE – 100% made from Recycled Trays and 100% Fully Recyclable
Evolve is a natural CPET, a form of recyclable plastic. The new material is easily detectable at recycling plants across Ireland and the UK. Switching to Evolve would remove up to 1,003 metric tonnes of hard-to-recycle plastic each year.
The Evolve range is a fantastic development in sustainable packaging innovation and we’re proud to be introducing our new, fully recyclable trays for our customers.
As the packaging is made entirely from recycled PET bottles and trays the packaging might be a different colour each time it is produced, depending on what is being recycled – varying from pink and red tones to shades of green and blue.
This is an exciting example of packaging innovation that helps us move out of hard-to-recycle black plastic into a rainbow of recycled content that can be recycled again and again.
This is a TRULY sustainable packaging solution offering Tray to Tray recycling.
RPET Packaging Solution
While all PET is fully recyclable, RPET has the extra benefit of being made with recyclable material. Up to 80% of the RPET tray contains raw materials of recycled PET reducing the polymer and oil raw material used to manufacture.
The extra benefit to using RPET is that not only is it predominately made from recycled material but it uses less energy to make an RPET tray than it does to make a virgin PET tray.
Due to reduced weight/material usage and high recycled content the carbon footprint of raw material used in this innovative RPET tray, offerings are in excess of 85% lower than virgin mono PP food trays.
See our RPET Packaging Page for more info.
PLA Containers – Hinged, Cold Drink Cups, Deli, Portion Cup Lids
Range of crystal clear clarity cups, lids, and deli containers made from a biopolymer called PLA (polylactic acid). PLA performs much like traditional plastics, but with the crucial benefit of being 100% compostable in commercial facilities (check with local recycling). PLA is suitable from Freezer temperatures to Room Temperature.
- Prevents messy spills and leaks with PLA Lids
- Label panels allow for pricing nutrition and preparation labels to be displayed
- Variety of popular shapes and sizes
- Excellent clarity promotes impulse consumer purchases
- Presentation appeal to improve attention grabbing performance.
- Environmentally Friendly and Fairtrade
Dual Ovenable Paper Board Trays
Environmentally sound paper board which is recyclable* and biodegradable*
Recycled from renewable sources up to 7 times
- Ovenable to 220 C
- Freezable to -40 C
- Cool to touch when taken out of the oven or microwave
- Aesthetically appealing
- Customer friendly – easy to open and peel
- Polyester film lining can be added to provide a liquid leak proof barrier
- Strong board design that will not collapse during the cooking process
- Bespoke shapes and colours available
*except for certain tray liners and will depend on local recycling facilities
BAGASSE BIODEGRADABLE & COMPOSTABLE RANGE
Made from sugarcane pulp and bamboo, the Bagasse range is 100% biodegradable* and compostable*. They biodegrade in 30-60 days and provide natural ingredients back to the environment**.
- Plant Based, Compostable, Natural, Renewable and Sustainable
- Aesthetically appealing
- Customer friendly – easy to open and reclose
- Easy to store
- Hot / Cold Food and Drinks, Microwave and Freezing Safe
- 100% Sugarcane Fiber
- Bespoke shapes
- Highest Quality and Strength with soak-through properties
- Alternative Food Containers to paper and foam
- Dish is ovenable and microwavable up to 110 Celsius for 2-3 minute duration.
*will depend on local recycling facilities
** must go for industrial composting cannot go into household compost facilities
TFPP (Talc-Filled Polypropylene)
Range of “to-go” hinged lid containers that captures the latest innovations in hybrid materials. EarthChoice® SmartLock® hinged lid containers are made from Talc-Filled Polypropylene which contains on average 40% less plastic polymers than standard polypropylene containers.
- microwaveable up to 121°c
- ideal for your hot food take-out menu items.
- sturdy hinged lids, audible click indicates a secure close
- available in 5 popular sizes with compartmental options to fit any size “To-Go” applications
- helps multiple orders stack easily
- Provides more secure handling
- Resists grease & moisture
Please note that all compostable packaging must go into industrial composting facilities. If you are unsure of what packaging material to choose for your product please see this handy guide from Repak:
Enquire about our Eco Friendly and Alternative Material Packaging
This form is closed