Eco Friendly Packaging
Social responsibility, respect & care for the environment require action today while keeping an eye on the future – view our eco friendly range:
EVOLVE – 100% made from Recycled Trays and 100% Fully Recyclable
Evolve is a natural CPET, a form of recyclable plastic. The new material is easily detectable at recycling plants across Ireland and the UK. Switching to Evolve would remove up to 1,003 metric tonnes of hard-to-recycle plastic each year.
The Evolve range is a fantastic development in sustainable packaging innovation and we’re proud to be introducing our new, fully recyclable trays for our customers.
As the packaging is made entirely from recycled PET bottles and trays the packaging might be a different colour each time it is produced, depending on what is being recycled – varying from pink and red tones to shades of green and blue.
This is an exciting example of packaging innovation that helps us move out of hard-to-recycle black plastic into a rainbow of recycled content that can be recycled again and again.
This is a TRULY sustainable packaging solution offering Tray to Tray recycling.
rPET – Recycled Polyethylene
While all PET is fully recyclable, RPET has the extra benefit of being made with recyclable material. Up to 80% of the RPET tray contains raw materials of recycled PET reducing the polymer and oil raw material used to manufacture.
The extra benefit to using RPET is that not only is it predominately made from recycled material but it uses less energy to make an RPET tray than it does to make a virgin PET tray.
Due to reduced weight/material usage and high recycled content the carbon footprint of raw material used in this innovative RPET tray, offerings are in excess of 85% lower than virgin mono PP food trays.
See our RPET Packaging Page for more info.
Unique recyclable MAP solution
- Made with up to 100% recycled PET
- Very low carbon footprint
- Recyclable tray (mono material)*
- Maximum strength with minimum weight
- Reduced food waste
- Exceptional clarity (only 5% haze)
- Improved presentation
- Reduced leakage
- Extended shelf life
Read more about our Elite Range here
Welcome to a revolutionary innovation in sustainable fresh protein packaging with kp Infinity® – the fully recyclable choice with a low carbon footprint. kp Infinity® is taking expanded polypropylene (EPP) into the future.
- Easy-to-read ‘Recycle me’ message – Fully recyclable
- Traditional, artisan look and feel
- Resistant to fats and oils
- No machinery or tooling investment required
- Rinse and recycle
- Water and resistant
- Ensures food hygiene and safety
- Fully recyclable mono material
- Lower carbon footprint
- Uses less water and energy to manufacture compared with alternatives
Read more about our Infinity Range here
Made from sugarcane and plant starch, the Bagasse range is 100% compostable*. Renewable & Compostable Sugarcane containers are grease and cut resistant alternatives to traditional petroleum-derived plastics or foam. Sturdy and versatile, they can handle a wide variety of foods. Made from reclaimed and rapidly renewable sugarcane fibers. Renewable, compostable, both EN 13432 and ASTM D6868 compliant.
- Made from renewable plant materials that can be grown again and again
- Not made from oil like traditional plastics
- Compostable products are ASTM compliant and both EN 13432 and BPI certified compostable in commercial facilities**
- Made from renewable and reclaimed resources
- Made with sugarcane, a rapidly renewable resource
- Grease and cut resistant
- Freezer safe
*will depend on local waste collection facilities
** must go for industrial composting cannot go into household compost facilities
Kraft Paper Products
Kraft food trays for sustainable and practical food-to-go packaging. These containers are made from recycled paperboard, which means they can be commercially composted after use.
They’re made from a recycled material, and can be used to serve both hot and cold food. Whether you’re packaging salads or fast food, these trays will be able to handle the job.
- Material Paperboard
- Trays can be commercially composted
- Paperboard material means the trays can even be recycled after use
- Open design is perfect for serving fast food, snacks and finger foods
- Paperboard construction makes the trays suitable for both hot and cold food
- Thick material allows you to serve sauces and dressings without risk of leaks
- Can be stacked for space-saving storage
- Supplied nested for quick filling and packaging
Please note that all compostable packaging must go into industrial composting facilities. If you are unsure of what packaging material to choose for your product please see this handy guide from Repak:
Enquire about our Eco Friendly and Alternative Material Packaging